- Go to Google Drive.
- Select the folder you want to share.
- Select Share .
- Enter the email address or Google Group you want to share with. If you use a work or school account, you can share with suggested recipients.
- Tip: To turn off suggested recipients, go to your Drive Settings . Uncheck “Show suggested recipients in the sharing dialog.”
- To decide what role people will have with your folder, select Viewer, Commenter, or Editor.
- If you use an eligible work or school account, click Add expirationto add an expiration date.
- Tip: Expiration dates for folders are available for Viewer and Commenter roles in My Drive.
- Choose to notify people.
- If you want to notify people that you shared an item with them, check the box next to "Notify people." If you notify people, each email address you enter is included in the email. If you don't want to notify people, uncheck the box.
- Select Send or Share.
Allow general access to the folder
You can decide if your folder is generally available or restricted to only the people with access. If you allow access to anyone with the link, your folder won't restrict who can access it. This means anyone who get the link can access the file, including if people forward it on.