General Chromebook care
- Chromebooks should not be placed on soft surfaces or laps during use due to potential overheating.
- Food and/or drink should never be near Chromebooks.
- Cords, cables, and headphones must be inserted carefully into the appropriate port on the Chromebooks. Straight in, straight out. NEVER at an angle.
- Chromebooks should not be used with the power cord plugged in when the cord may be a tripping hazard.
- Heavy objects should never be placed on top of Chromebooks.
- Chromebooks should never be loaned to another student or individual during the school day or otherwise.
- Students should hold the Chromebooks (cover closed) with two hands if they need to carry the Chromebook. A great way is to hug it to your chest.
- Never lift a Chromebook by the screen.
- Never carry a Chromebook with the screen open.
Opening and Closing Chromebook
- Open and close the Chromebook only when it is resting on a flat surface such as a table or desk.
- Do not attempt to force open the screen beyond its angle, as the screen will break if forced.
- Before closing the screen, make sure there is nothing on the keyboard to prevent the full closure of the device.
- Pens/pencils on the keyboard could cause broken screens or damaged hinges.
- Close the screen gently using two hands–one at either corner of the screen.
The Chromebook screen can be damaged if subjected to heavy objects, rough treatment, and liquids. The screens are very sensitive to damage from excessive pressure.
- Do not put pressure on the top of a Chromebook when it is closed.
- Make sure there is nothing on the keyboard before closing the lid. (pens/pencils/other objects)
- Never draw or trace on the Chromebooks