Changes have been made to the Sapphire Community Portal (SCP), formerly known as the Community Web Portal. The redesigned SCP has updated logos, colors, and illustrations and is built to be used on almost any internet-connected device - computer, tablet, or phone. It is easier to navigate and upload documents. In addition, users no longer need a PIN to log on. User accounts are automatically converted.
The New Sapphire Community Portal
Your account will be automatically upgraded in three easy steps.
1. Log in to the new SCP at the same URL and with the same Username and Password you currently use.
2. You are prompted to enter your PIN one final time to continue.
3. Parents are prompted to change their Password and may be prompted to change their Username. Students continue to use the same Password and Username. All users must click or tap Complete to continue.
The Upgrade Complete screen displays and users are redirected to the new SCP home screen. Users receive an automated email notification that their account was upgraded.
FAQs for Parents and Students
How are accounts converted?
Parents and students log in once with the same username, password, and PIN they used previously.
- Parents have the option to change their username, and are required to change it if there is a conflict with another account. Students are not able to change their username.
- Parents must change their password. Students only have to change their password if there is a conflict with another account.
When will a student be required to change their password?
Student accounts will not be prompted to change their password in most cases. Students will only be prompted to change their password if there is a potential conflict with an existing account.
Why must parents change their passwords but not students?
Many schools use the same student username and password combinations for other utilities. For that reason, Sapphire is not requiring a password change.
Why can parents change their usernames but not students?
Student usernames are created by school administrators and are often used for other utilities in the school system.
Can a parent change their username to an email address?
Yes, they can. The new SCP allows email addresses to be used as account usernames.
What if a parent or student has forgotten their login information over the summer? Users can utilize the “Forgot My Password” at the login screen. If still having issues or cannot remember their PIN, parents/students can contact their building
Rice: Sharon Giselman email@example.com
IFES: Julie Slaybaugh firstname.lastname@example.org
YBMS: Diane Clugh email@example.com
BSHS: Laurie Strayer firstname.lastname@example.org