If you want to check on the class (or a specific) student in Canvas, you can take a look at Course Analytics.
*Note: You also can go under People and see their last date and time of activity. Analytics is there as well, with a grid that tells you everything!
Instructors can see the analytics for a course to track and analyze what students are doing within the course. Analytics work in conjunction with course statistics.
When Would I Use Course Analytics?
Click on a specific student and grid design to see exaclty what he/she is doing.
In course analytics, there are four main sections:
- Activity allows the instructor to see when students view a page or participate in the course.
- Submissions allows the instructor to view if students submit the assignment on-time, late, or not at all.
- Grades use a box and whisker plot to show the distribution of grades in the course.
- Student Analytics shows page view, participations, assignments, and current score for every student in the course.
Use course analytics to:
- Predict how students react to course activities.
- See which students are at-risk and need help.
- View how effective your teaching strategies are in allowing students to learn.
- See a quick view of what your students are achieving in your course.