By signing into the Google Chrome web browser with your SMSD Google account, you are automatically syncing your bookmarks, saved passwords, extensions, preferences, and browsing history across all your devices. This feature is highly recommended, especially if you utilize multiple computers or utilize a Windows-based computer and a Chromebook.
Signing into the Chrome web browser is different than signing into the Google web ecosystem such as G-Suite, YouTube, etc. Directions to sign just to the Google web ecosystem can be found here. This article will assist users in signing into the Google Chrome web browser to take advantage of the above synchronization features.
Signing into the Chrome Browser
To sign into the Google Chrome Browser,
- launch Google Chrome.
- Click the Menu button at the top-right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Click Sign in to Chrome. The Sign in to Chrome screen will launch.
- Enter your SMSD Google email. Click Next.
- Enter your SMSD Google password. Click Next.
- You will be asked if you with to link your Chrome data to this account.
Click Link data.
- You will be asked if you with to turn on Sync.
Click Turn on.